Potholes and Pragmatism
You're never too old to learn from your own mistakes.
Far better to learn from the misatkes of others.
Here are my mistakes, and the lessons I learned.
If you want to jump over my potholes ....
...read "Lessons from Deep in the Potholes".

Tuesday 27 September 2011

D+8

D+8
It’s 3pm here. 1 pm in China, and there has been no change to the development site in the last 20 hours. No responses to my emails. Phone goes to voicemail. Offering a low price contract seems to have resulted in a correspondingly low priority. They have little to lose by setting aside my work, and more to gain by taking on higher-value contracts. Given their learning curve in Wordpress, they must have spent many more hours on this job than they expected when they quoted. I’m sure they’re out of pocket now, and any further work is just additional losses for them. Getting them to complete this job will be about putting this experience behind them. Their lack of enthusiasm has been apparent from the day the Account Manager accepted a low priced job on an unfamiliar development platform. I’ll have to think about how to motivate them to finish the work. Am I being obtuse here? Is this about putting me under sufficient pressure to make me offer them an increased price for completion, or is that just cynical?

No comments:

Post a Comment