Potholes and Pragmatism
You're never too old to learn from your own mistakes.
Far better to learn from the misatkes of others.
Here are my mistakes, and the lessons I learned.
If you want to jump over my potholes ....
...read "Lessons from Deep in the Potholes".

Tuesday 27 September 2011

D-2

Still no creative designs from the developers. I now have no confidence that they can design the website.  I researched Wordpess templates myself and found one that I liked. I recommended it to the developers and suggested they buy it (and add the cost to my bill). They replied that I should buy it myself and send it to them. I ended up buying 2 templates and a skin at a cost of $75. I downloaded the file. It’s 102MB. Now … how the f*#*k  do I send a file that big to China?

I found a service from Adobe called SendNow. The free sample service only allows relatively small files. To send a file this big, I need to subscribe. That’s another $125. I’m running out of time and options. So I do it.

I’ve also made a screen print of the sample template, and overlaid it with my own copy and illustrations, saved it as a .pdf and sent it to the developers as a guide to what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment