Potholes and Pragmatism
You're never too old to learn from your own mistakes.
Far better to learn from the misatkes of others.
Here are my mistakes, and the lessons I learned.
If you want to jump over my potholes ....
...read "Lessons from Deep in the Potholes".

Tuesday 27 September 2011

D+3

The engineers can’t work out how to make the templates I sent them look like the ones in my .pdfs. There is free code available to them for the various page layouts from the template design company. I download the code and send it to them. They don’t seem to be able to navigate the English websites to find what they need. They are struggling with the English / Chinese language issue on buttons and widgets. They ask me to get them help from the support desk. Later, I realise that the entire site could have been accessed in Chinese, where the instructions and all the buttons are natively coded to show Chinese fonts. Why am I having to learn all this, to teach my developers how to do their job??

No comments:

Post a Comment